Thanks for visiting Mr.Homecare. Services are available in the Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Delhi (NCR) metro areas!

faulty wiring
Published November 2, 2017

5 Signs that show that your house has faulty wiring

Electrical wiring is a very important component of your house. It lights up your house and makes your life easier. But it can become equally dangerous if the wiring becomes faulty. The wiring wears out with time causing serious issues inside the walls of your house. The predicaments that result from faulty wiring cannot be mostly seen until it’s too late and you see a fire breakout at your home. You should take the help of a professional electrician to deal with the wiring of your house if you notice certain signs such as rusty or cracked wires. And the best way to target the problem is to know the symptoms first. Here are 5 signs that show that your house has faulty wiring.

1.Flickering lights

light bulbs
Flickering light bulbs are a prominent sign that your house wiring is faulty.

If multiple lights flicker consistently in your home, it may be an indication that your home wiring is either faulty or the circuit is over loaded or over used. If your house is old and it was originally wired for only a few electrical devices, and your consumption and requirement now has increased manifold, you are more likely to face this issue. Whatever the cause may be, flickering and dimming lights are a sure shot sign that your house has faulty wiring.

2.Unreliable or charred switches and electrical outlets

burnt switch
Charred switches are a sign that they’ve served your home’s electrical system long enough.

If the electrical switches in your house work one day but they fail to operate the other day and if such an inconsistency is persistent, you should know that it is a sign that your house has faulty wiring. The situation could turn dangerous if the problem is not with the switch but with the entire wiring system of your house, so hire professional help as soon as you notice such unreliability in the way your home’s electrical sockets and switches function.

3.Frequent tripping of the circuit breaker

circuit breaker
If the circuit breaker trips off quite often, it is an indication that the wiring is overloaded.

The occasional tripping of the circuit breaker is a normal phenomenon but if the circuit breaker trips too often, it is a sign that the electrical wiring of your house is more overloaded than it should be. It could also indicate the possibility of a short circuit.

4.Fixtures that are hot, noisy and smelly

electrical toaster
If the electrical appliances become hot while in use, your house’s wiring may be faulty.

In normal circumstances, your electrical system neither produces heat nor sound nor smell. However, if any of these symptoms come to your notice, it is a signal that the electrical wiring of your house is faulty.

If your electrical fixtures are hot when you touch them or if they make a buzzing sound when put to use, it’s a sign that an electrical shock is impending. Also, if the wiring in your house is faulty, your home may frequently be filled with an acrid burning smell.

5.Electrical shocks

electrical shock sign
Mild but frequent electrical shocks indicate faulty wiring.

If you frequently face mild electrical shocks when you touch the electrical appliances when they are switched on, the cause may be faulty electrical wiring. Get the wiring replaced with expert help before it’s too late unless you want to take the risk of the situation becoming worse.

Mr. Homecare’s team of experienced electricians can fix all your electrical problems. Electrician Services in Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi, Bangalore & Gurgaon!

For more information on faulty electrical wiring or for professional help to deal with it, you can reach out to us through the comments section below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *